This section of the NYSSMA web site is intended to provide music educators with assistance in developing lessons that are directly connected to the New York State Learning Standards for the Arts. It is NYSSMA’s intent that links will be included in this area that are current, accurate, and reliable. As our work continues, appropriate links will be included.
- Lesson Bytes NYSSMA’s on-line bank of Instructional Ideas
- Music: A Resource Guide for Standards-Based Education (2002), New York State Education Department’s publication
- New York State Education Department Arts Web site
- SED’s Virtual Learning System Information on curriculum, instruction and assessment in PreK ?12 Arts (dance, music, theatre, and visual arts) Education.
Websites related to music instruction:
- All Music Guide navigates the complex world of recorded music
- Classical Composers’ Archive resource for composers and their music, includes listing by nationality
- Classical Music Navigator classical music in familiar and friendly language
- The Classical Music Pages information and sound examples of classical music and related topics
- Classical Net resource of files and links to other classical music web sites
- Jazz: A Film by Ken Burns
- Lincoln Center – Jazz For Young People
- New York Philharmonic Orchestra site for kids
- Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra Education Department