Spring Festival Registration
SPRING FESTIVAL REGISTRATION
STUDENT ELIGILIBILITY FOR NYSSMA® SPRING SOLO AND ENSEMBLE FESTIVALS
- All students (including piano students) must be registered through the student’s K-12 day school, and that school must be a school member of NYSSMA®.
- The person who handles NYSSMA® registration for a school is generally the music teacher or the music department supervisor. In some schools it may be an administrator such as an Asst. Principal or Guidance Counselor.
- Most school districts in New York State and many private, parochial and charter schools are annual members of NYSSMA®.
- All schools under the Department of Education of New York City are NYSSMA® members.
- Students may not be registered by parents, private music teachers, or music studios.
INFORMATION REGARDING STUDENT FESTIAL SCHEDULING
- Parents needing information regarding student scheduling must contact the student’s school music teacher or the person at the school who registered the student.
- Once students are scheduled, NYSSMA® reserves a time and schedules an adjudicator. There are no refunds for students who cancel.
- There are 145 NYSSMA® festivals throughout New York State and they have varying deadlines. The minimum deadline is 6 weeks before the festival, but many schools and districts have earlier deadlines so that they can process their students in a timely manner. The ONLY place to find the deadline is from the registering school.
- The dates of NYSSMA® festivals vary from year to year, but all occur from March through the first week of June.