New York State School Music Association
718 The Plain Road
Westbury, NY 11590-5931
Fax – 516-997-1700
E-mail – email@example.com
The mission of the New York State School Music Association is to advance music education across New York State for its membership and students in member school programs.
Adopted by mail vote: November 2012
Membership in NYSSMA®/NAfME signifies your commitment to the profession, to excellence in music education, and to your own professional growth.
It represents your active participation in the most significant professional force in music education in the State of New York.
NYSSMA® is the largest most successful NAfME state unit in the country:
- Approximately 5,000 members proudly belong to NYSSMA®
- 100,000 students participate annually in spring adjudication festivals held around New York State
- The NYSSMA® Winter Conference attracts almost 4,000 participants and offers about 190 workshops and showcases
- Over 150 vendors and colleges exhibit at the Winter Conference held in Rochester in November
- Annually, approximately 7,000 students audition for the 5 All-State performing groups, and just under 600 are selected to participate annually
- The New York State Summer Music Conference is devoted to reading music for potential school use and is held in Albany in August
- The School Music News is mailed to every NYSSMA® member throughout the year and keeps everyone fully informed
- The NYSSMA® Manual is the definitive resource for setting performance standards and festival expectations for each instrument and voice part at every level.
- The NYSSMA® Manual is typically in effect for a 3 year period. It is updated, changed, and rereleased every 3 years.