The NYSSMA Research Committee meets once each year at the NYSSMA Winter Conference, on Saturday at noon.
Current committee members are:
- Christian Bernhard, State University of New York at Fredonia, Chair
- Michael Albertson, New York City Public Schools
- Randall Allsup, Teachers College, Columbia
- Mark Campbell, State University of New York at Potsdam
- Matt Clauhs, Johnson City Public Schools
- Keith Kaiser, Ithaca College
- Maria Runfola, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Janice Smith, Queens College, City University of New York
Meetings are open to anyone with an interest in music education research and in promoting research awareness among NYSSMA members.
The NYSSMA Research Committee sponsors a Research Gallery on Saturday morning of the winter conference in the lobby of the convention center. A call for abstracts is sent via email and the Asmus Music Education Research listserv in early August, with submissions due by mid-September. Notification of acceptance status is sent in late-September.
Other research presentations occur over the course of the winter conference. The call for proposals appears in early-January, and proposals are due in mid-March.
Research opportunities are also available via grants and School Music News articles. Calls for these are made at the annual meeting of the Research Committee, and via School Music News.
Questions or comments may be sent to Christian Bernhard at email@example.com
- Minutes Dec. 2012
- Research Abstracts 2012
- Research Gallery Abstracts 2011 Part One
- Research Gallery Abstracts 2011 Part Two
- Minutes Dec. 2011
- Research Gallery Abstracts 2010 Part One
- Research Gallery NYSSMA 2010 Winter Conference Part Two
- Minutes December 2010
- Research Gallery Abstracts 2009
- Minutes Dec. 2009
- Research Gallery Abstracts 2008
- Minutes Dec. 2008