- Ithaca City School District
- Ithaca High School
- $42,494-$64,394 (10-month full-time base)
- Posted On:
- July 18, 2019
Lead the Ithaca High School’s orchestra programs, two large ensembles and chamber ensembles in the performance of orchestral works. Teach music theory, effectively prepare lessons, instruct students and evaluate and monitor students’ performance in order to effectively advance student achievement.
● The Ithaca City School District is committed to eliminating race, class and disability as predictors of academic performance, co-curricular participation and discipline. Qualified candidates will demonstrate a basic awareness of these commitments and a strong willingness to support these efforts.
● All candidates must possess New York State Teacher Certification in Music or qualify to obtain it by the first date of employment. This requires at least a Bachelor’s degree. Licensed teachers from other states may qualify for reciprocity.
● An educational leader whose competency, energy, and commitment will help ensure that students thrive;
● Proven ability to interact effectively with students and their families who represent cultures that are diverse in terms of race, class, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and other characteristics in order to build an effective and collaborative school community;
● Ability to implement culturally responsive curriculum; create an inclusive classroom; and differentiate instruction in order to engage the learning styles and needs of each student as an individual.
How to Apply