- Miredo Yamaha Music School
- Flushing, NY
- up to $50 per hour
- Posted On:
- June 17, 2017
Miredo Yamaha Music School, serving students of all 5 boroughs in NYC and Long Island, is now accepting applications for the position Yamaha Piano Teacher, specializing in both group and private lessons. We are looking for creative, dynamic, and supportive teachers who are dedicated to the development of a new musical generation. Long-term commitment and love of teaching is a must! Location is in downtown, Flushing. ABOUT THE POSITION: - teaching group piano lessons and private lessons - schedule: weeknights and weekends - position can grow to become full-time with strong income potential - compensation: highly competitive with other local music schools FACULTY BENEFITS: - professional teacher training - faculty dinners - annual bonus, based on teaching performance - comfortable working environment - faculty recitals
- MUST HAVE SATURDAYS AVAILABLE
- comfortable with both piano and vocal skills
- demonstrate ability in keyboard harmony, improvisation, sight reading, sight singing, transposition, ear training, and theory
- teaching experience (public school or independently) and ability to relate well with young children
- have a committed and flexible schedule
- minimum Bachelor's in music performance and/or music education required
- candidates must be friendly, encouraging and patient!
To ensure our group piano teachers have the required skills, potential candidates will be asked to take a basic exam prior to beginning work. We believe that our school’s excellence is ultimately measured by the quality of our teachers, which is why we're selective when it comes to our faculty.
How to Apply
If you’re passionate for teaching music and want to join our professional team, please send us your resume, cover letter, and contact information to "[email protected]". -- Please be sure to include your weekly availability. Only those being considered will be contacted.