- Mount St Mary Academy
- Mount St Mary Academy 3756 Delaware Ave Kenmore NY 14217
- The contract year for this position is 10 months (September- June). Salary will be based on previous teaching experience, educational study and professional background. Position could be part-time. This information is used to determine faculty step scale placement. A full-time educator for this role typically will earn within this range: $28,500- $50,000.
- Posted On:
- May 15, 2023
The vocal music instructor will be responsible for teaching students in 9th through 12th grade, working to develop in each student an appreciation of the art of music, to teach techniques of vocal music expression; to nurture talents of students in the field of music; to develop knowledge and skills in listening to and reading music; and to develop performance skills in both individual and group settings. The choral instructor will be responsible for teaching groups of students with a range of needs, gifts and talents. The teacher promotes the growth of students, which includes their intellectual, emotional, spiritual, social and physical well-being. Preparing and teaching vocal music both to individuals and an audition-based student choral ensemble ● Proficient basic keyboard skills ● Teaches skills in music appreciation, harmony, basic music theory and choral singing ● Plans a balanced music program and organizes daily class time so preparation, rehearsal and instruction can be accomplished within allotted time. ● Utilize repertoire of types of music literature appropriate for the ages and skill levels of students. ● Evaluates each student’s musical growth and performance, assessing each individual's contribution to the performance of the group ● Serve as an Admissions Ambassador by sharing song with the greater WNY community ● Collaborate with the MSM Fine Arts department to continue to ensure robust arts offerings in our school community. Help organize and direct Fine Arts concerts and events. ● Provide support to the MSM Campus Ministry program with assisting with music for liturgy and prayer experiences ● Explore new ways to invite more students into arts programming (chorus as a club, prayer choir, etc) ● Additional opportunities could include: teaching musical theater and/ or acting class, involvement in the annual high school musical production
Proven experience as a Vocal Music Education Teacher or relevant role
● Knowledge of current pedagogical skills and classroom management strategies
● Experience working with students with a wide range of needs and skills
● Ability to work with musicians at all skill levels
● Minimum BA in Music, Music Education or related field
● New York State certification preferred
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to Katherine Spillman, Principal,
email@example.com by Friday, June 2, 2023.