- Empire State Youth Orchestra
- Schenectady, New York
- Hourly Rate
- Posted On:
- January 25, 2019
ESYO CHIME is an intensive music education program for students in the Capital Region of New York run by the Empire State Youth Orchestra. It is inspired by El Sistema, a "social justice first" program that uses the model of an orchestra to foster a sense of community and to cultivate self-worth. ESYO CHIME seeks to provide underserved children access to high quality musical instruction and to engage them in rich ensemble experiences. The Teaching Artist will work to inspire and motivate children to participate to their fullest potential. Experience in conducting, teaching band instruments with a special focus on orchestral percussion for beginner students, and a belief in music as a vehicle for social change is a must.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred with strong knowledge of band repertoire, curriculum, and pedagogy.
• Strong classroom management skills and experience teaching percussion.
• Excellent musicianship and artistry both as a percussion performer and teacher.
• Ability to arrange repertoire for mixed level/mixed instrument ensemble.
• Ability to work with diverse personalities and populations and to teach in mixed instrumental groups with students of different musical levels.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Empire State Youth Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Jared Shortmeier, CHIME Administrative Director, firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and your first initial and last name in the subject line.