- Discover Melody
- New York
- Multiple Areas
- Posted On:
- September 12, 2017
Attention all Music Teachers! Piano, Strings, Woodwinds, Brass, Percussions, Voice, Music Theory JOIN OUR NETWORK OF WORLD-CLASS MUSICIANS AND FACULTY FOR ONLINE, CONVENIENT INSTRUCTION AND ON-PREMISE PERFORMANCES BOTH IN NYC AND WORLDWIDE. Company Summary: Discover Melody is an online music education platform bringing the highest level of artistic training to the convenience of a student's home. Our visionary online education platform provides innovative technological tools for the comprehensive and holistic study of music, including instrument and voice lessons, music theory, and ear training, as well as exam and college admissions preparation. Our world-class faculty is from top conservatories or university music programs to assure that students enjoy the best resources and culture. Discover Melody is more than a live streaming platform. Along with providing access to the best teachers, we’ve created an immersive user experience and integrated technology to enhance music instruction and practice assistance. Our dynamic student portfolio tracks and records all classes and lessons, so that teachers, parents, and students can monitor progress with analytical tools. We invite you to join our magnificent roster of teachers and hope that you consider participating in the future of global music education. Educators on our Discover Melody Roster: Discover Melody’s music teachers teach children and adolescents the fundamental principles of instrumental learning and musicianship skills. Teachers select appropriate music, books, and instructional aids to enhance learning. Teachers possess a positive attitude and demonstrate patience, open-mindedness, and professionalism, in addition to demonstrating effective strategies for integrating students into your classroom.
Our teachers possess:
1. Minimum of a Bachelors of Music Education and/or Music Performance
2. K-12 Educators desired
3. Minimum 3 years of studio or classroom teaching experience
4. ESL teaching experience is a plus
5. Ability to share passion for music and instill excitement for music in students
6. Availability for lessons (can be conducted at home, studios, or similar
7. Flexibility with students of different ages, levels of knowledge, and learning styles
8. Previous online teaching/studying experience encouraged
9. Stable internet access on laptop or tablet devices.
Forty-five-minute lessons are given online with a flexible but pre-scheduled time slot (matching a student’s schedule) during the weekday and/or weekends.
We offer competitive rates based on teacher experience.
How to Apply
To Join our Roster:
Please submit the following materials to [email protected]
1. Cover letter, resume, and 2 references
2. A video clip of you performing on your primary instrument
After viewing your credentials and video, we will then be in contact with you to invite you to an online information session where you will be asked to give a short tour of your studio and a short mock lesson based on a given instructional scenario