- Monroe 1 BOCES
- Rochester NY
- Multiple Areas
- Posted On:
- August 11, 2017
LOCATION OF POSITION: Bird/Morgan School
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Probationary
STARTING DATE: September 2017
1. Plan, organize, and implement music classes and music therapy to students with various disabilities in both individual and group sessions.
2. Develop, implement and evaluate Music Therapy interventions in addressing the various needs of students.
3. Communicate with teachers and related service providers
4. Demonstrate musical competencies; must be proficient on guitar and piano, knowledge of other musical instruments, able to transpose, improvise, write original songs, and adapt instruments and activities.
5. Support school-wide musical events.
1. NYS Initial, Professional, or Permanent Teaching Certification in Music.
2. Civil Service eligibility for Music Therapist: Graduation from a regionally accredited or NYS registered College or University with a Bachelor’s degree in Music Therapy.
3. Completion of an approved Music Therapy Internship required.
4. Willingness to become Board Certified.
5. Valid New York State Driver’s License and reliable car to travel to various sites.
6. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodations).
How to Apply