- Altmar Parish Williamstown Central School District
- Parish, NY
- Per APW Faculty Association Contract
- Posted On:
- September 2, 2021
JSHS Music Teacher Band-Those who are eager to help grow the school’s curriculum, develop innovative instructional techniques, and accelerate learning for students so they are prepared for the future will be considered. Successful candidates will demonstrate passion and commitment both within their classrooms and among the broader community. APW CSD’s vision is every learner prepared for their individual chosen path. Candidates should have the ability to relate to and work with children with all abilities, possess excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative. Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
• Instruct students using various teaching methods, such as lectures and demonstrations, and using audio-visual aids and other materials to supplement presentations.
• Prepare Music course objectives and outlines for courses of study following NYS curriculum guidelines and school requirements.
• Band direction and facilitation of lessons.
• Assign lessons and correct homework, administer tests to evaluate student progress and keep attendance records.
• Meet with parents to discuss progress and problems as needed.
• Participate in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
• Perform related duties, such as sponsoring student activities or student organizations.
• The ability and commitment to use technology as an instructional tool.
• Uncompromising commitment to continuous improvement.
• Broad experience with a variety of instructional techniques.
• Evidence of strong classroom management skills with age appropriate experiences.
• Flexibility, enthusiasm, creativity, and willingness to develop programs.
• Evidence of being a team player.
• Evidence of the ability to collaborate with faculty to design standards based activities.
How to Apply