- Metropolitan Expeditionary Learning School
- New York City (Queens)
- Posted On:
- July 2, 2019
The Metropolitan Expeditionary Learning School, "A School for a Sustainable City," is a progressive public school in New York City (Queens) with an interdisciplinary, project-based curriculum. The music program serves students in grades 7-12, with all students learning a stringed instrument in 7th grade and half continuing in either vocal or instrumental music (classes mix strings and modern band instruments) through the 12th grade. The opening is for a high school instrumental music teacher.
- Experience in teaching stringed instruments (violin, viola, cello, bass)
- Experience or strong interest in developing project-based curriculum that may include orchestra but also moves beyond traditional orchestral practices with an eye towards creative music projects
- Experience working in "modern band" settings and/or with guitar, keyboard, drums
- New York State music teaching certification by 2019-2020 school year
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Pat Finley and Damon McCord, Co-Principals, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding the position should be directed to Eric Shieh, Music Teacher, at email@example.com.