- East Rockaway Public Schools
- Centre Avenue & Rhame Avenue Elementary Schools
- Posted On:
- September 10, 2017
The East Rockaway School District is looking for a highly motivated, energetic Music teacher specializing in Orchestra/ Strings, with Instrumental (woodwinds/brass) experience.
Successful candidates should meet the following qualifications:
• Music Certification Required
• Experience recruiting and retaining students
• Delivering high quality instruction in large string ensemble and instrument class settings primarily of high and low strings and secondly, woodwind, brass & percussion.
• Familiarity with preparing soloists and ensembles for NYSSMA adjudication (levels 1-6)
• Strong knowledge of technology and its integration into the music classroom
• Applicants should be prepared to audition on their major instrument
• Knowledge of the fundamentals of music including an understanding and appreciation of all different
styles of music, as well as how music is made for students not in chorus, orchestra or band
• Ability to work with a variety of media
• Position is available in grades 4-6 in two elementary schools where professionals work collegially and
How to Apply
Apply Online at olasjobs.org
Candidates are to apply only on OLASJOBS.ORG. Phone calls, faxes and emails will not be
considered. Copies of all college transcripts (including transfer credits), certification(s), certificate(s), and licenses(s) must be provided with application. Official transcripts are required for appointment. TEACH printout for certifications acceptable.