- East Rockaway Public Schools
- Centre Avenue & Rhame Avenue Elementary Schools
- Compensation established by the East Rockaway Teachers Association Contract for the 2018-2019 school year
- Posted On:
- April 12, 2018
The East Rockaway School District is looking for a highly motivated, energetic Elementary General Music/vocal teacher, grades K-6.
Experience recruiting and retaining choral students.
· Delivering high quality instruction in both large ensemble and class settings.
· Familiarity with preparing soloists and ensembles for NYSSMA adjudication.
· Strong knowledge of technology and its integration into the music classroom.
· Applicants should be prepared to audition on their major instrument.
· Knowledge of the fundamentals of music including an understanding and appreciation of all different styles of music, including curriculum geared towards students not enrolled in a performing group.
· Ability to work with a variety of media.
· High level of piano proficiency
Position responsibilities: General Music classes for grades K-6 in two elementary buildings. Chorus grades 3-6 in the same two buildings, where professionals work collegially and collaboratively.
How to Apply
Applications for the above position are to be made by submitting a letter of application, three professional references and a resume on OLAS.