- Orchard Park Chorale
- Orchard Park, NY
- Non-School (church organist/choir director)
- Posted On:
- March 5, 2019
DescriptionOrchard Park Chorale is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to assume the position of Artistic Director. The successful candidate will use their dynamic personality and knowledge and experience in choral conducting, ensemble management, recruitment, and audience engagement to produce exceptional concerts and grow a thriving chorus. We presently hover around 50 non-auditioned members, an exciting 40% growth in membership over the past few years. We hold two main concerts in addition to runout concerts in our community: “Christmas with Orchard Park Chorale” in December with hired orchestral players, and a spring concert in May with or without accompaniment.
• Bachelor’s degree in music with piano proficiency and 3-5 years conducting or teaching experience;
• Exceptional musicianship and conducting skills;
• Knowledge of healthy singing and vocal pedagogy;
• Knowledge and command of a broad range of choral repertoire;
• Knowledge and experience working with orchestras or instrumental ensembles;
• Ability to design attractive concert programs to both singers and audience members;
• Interest in and community and youth outreach;
• Successful experience working with volunteer and professional musicians;
• Dynamic, energetic, and engaging personality with strong interpersonal, leadership, organization, and communication skills
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter, resume, references, and links to face-to-the-camera videos of a rehearsal and a performance to ADSearch@orchardparkchorale.org by March 31, 2019. Video links should total no more than 30 minutes in length, and we prefer to see at least 15 minutes of an unedited rehearsal.
Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Qualified candidates will be contacted after March 31st for interviews.