- Highbridge Voices
- Bronx, NY
- Posted On:
- December 18, 2017
Highbridge Voices is seeking a collaborative pianist for its three ensembles for the 2018 season. Rehearsals are held on Mondays and Fridays from 4:00-7:00 PM. Performances are approximately once a month. Pianist will prepare music prior to each rehearsal. Pianist will work closely with music director, and meet weekly to discuss rehearsal objectives. Pianist will assist throughout rehearsal and will occasionally lead warm ups, sectionals, and short rehearsals. The collaborative pianist will be compensated at a rate of $31.00 an hour for rehearsals. Performance compensation will vary based on type of performance and location. Performance compensation will be no less than $150. The pianist will be paid as private contractor; meaning no taxes will be withheld and he/she will receive a form 1099-MISC at the end of the year. The program runs a total of thirty-two weeks each year.
• High school diploma or equivalent, some college education preferred
• Ability to play diverse genres
• Ability to read open score for four parts
• Ability to play complex choral accompaniment
• Ability to improvise accompaniments for appropriate literature (Baroque, jazz, pop) and chord progressions for vocalises and warm-ups
• Ability to sight-read piano parts and vocal parts in a 4-part score
• Ability to lead sectionals, warm ups, and coach small groups/individuals as needed
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with conductor, other professional musicians, and students in a professional manner
• Experience working with children from diverse backgrounds preferred
• Some organ experience a plus
How to Apply
Please send an email expressing your interest in the position to [email protected] with résumés attached as a .pdf or MS word document. In the subject line please write:
Collaborative Pianist – YOUR LAST NAME
This position will remain open until filled. All properly submitted résumés will receive an email acknowledgement. No calls please.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.highbridgevoices.org.