Zone 11 Representative
Westchester County President
Janet Corvini firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 Conference All-State Information:
- Acceptance letters were mailed to students on August 28, 2018
- All Eastern information is included with this mailing.
- All State and All Eastern paperwork is due 9/21/18.
- If paperwork is received past September 21, 2018, the student will be ineligible to participate.
- Payment is due 10/1/18
- Coach Bus Transportation is available from County Center, White Plains, Form attached below
Your NYSSMA membership is a dual membership. Join NYSSMA and you automatically are a NAfME member. https://nafme.org/membership/
Zone 11 NYSSMA SOLO & MAJORS 2019 FESTIVALS:
New Edition 32 NYSSMA Manual in effect with new pieces/changes as of July 1, 2018 Order Information:https://www.nyssma.org/committees/manual/
- Zone 11 Level 1-4 STRINGS ONLY Festival, Yorktown HS, March 22& 23, 2019
- Zone 11 Down-County Festival at Ardsley. April 26 & 27 , 2019
- Zone 11 Piano Festival at Walter Panas HS, May 3 & 4, 2019
- Zone 11 Up-County Festival at Hendrick Hudson HS, May 10& 11, 2019
- Majors Band Festival at Fox Lane High School, Bedford CSD, May 21, 2019
- Majors Orchestra Festival at Fox Lane High School, Bedford CSD, May 22, 2019
- Majors Choral Festival at Fox Lane Middle School, Bedford CSD, May 23, 2019
- Teachers register for Majors On-line only at NYSSMA.ORG. Registration opens in January.
***** NEW in 2019 – Level 1-4 STRINGS ONLY festival *****
All zone 11 (Westchester County) string students performing a level 1-4 solo or ensemble must attend the Yorktown Level 1-4 Strings Only Festival March 22 or 23, 2019.
There will be NO level 1-4 string adjudications at the Up or Down County Festival.
There will be NO level 5, 6 or AS adjudications at the Strings Only Festival in Yorktown. No exceptions.
All NYSSMA Registrations must be entered BY THE SCHOOL TEACHER online at Solochair.com.
- Teachers register at solochair and follow instructions for their assigned festival.
- Only School Music Teachers may register students.
- Students must attend the solo festival to which his/her district is assigned.
- Exceptions are few and must be approved by the Zone 11 Representative.
Private teachers and parents:
- You can not register students for NYSSMA festivals.
- Direct all questions to your school music teacher.
- must be registered by the school music teacher who is the conductor of the school band, orchestra or choir corresponding to the group they are auditioning for.
- must be adjudicated at their district’s assigned Up-County or Down-County festival; there are No exceptions to this.
Visit www.WCSMA.org for Westchester County School Music Association events.