Zone 11 Representative
Westchester County President
Janet Corvini firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 AREA ALL-STATE Information as follows:
Area All-State Rehearsal #1 Wednesday, October 23, 2019 White Plains High School
4:00 – 9:00 PM
Area All-State Rehearsal #2 Wednesday, November 6, 2019 White Plains High School
4:00 – 9:00 PM
Area All-State Festival
Thursday, November 7, 2019 SUNY Purchase
Rehearsal #3 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM Concert 8:00 PM
Edition 32 NYSSMA Manual in effect as of July 1, 2018
Manual Order Information:https://www.nyssma.org/committees/manual/
Zone 11 NYSSMA SOLO & MAJORS 2020 FESTIVALS:
All 2020 Zone 11 Jazz, Guitar and Harp will be adjudicated at the UP County Festival ONLY
- Zone 11 Level 1-4 STRINGS ONLY Festival, Edgemont Jr/Sr HS, March 27 & 28, 2020
- John Catoliato – Host
- Zone 11 Up-County Festival Solo/Ensemble Festival – Sleepy Hollow HS, April 24 & 25, 2020
- Micah Sprague, Host
- All 2020 Zone 11 Jazz, Guitar and Harp will be adjudicated at the Sleepy Hollow UP County Festival ONLY
Zone 11 Piano Festival – Lakeland HS, May 1 & 2, 2020
- Jamie and Jacquelyn Stroffolino, Hosts
- Zone 11 Down-County Solo/Ensemble Festival – Bronxville HS. May 15 & 16, 2020
- Denise Lutter Host
- NO Jazz, Guitar or Harp at this festival – All 2020 Zone 11 Jazz, Guitar, and Harp will be adjudicated at the UP County Festival ONLY
At this time there is NO host school for the Majors festival 2020.
If you are interested please contact me at email@example.com ASAP
*****Level 1-4 STRINGS ONLY festival *****
All zone 11 (Westchester County) string students performing a level 1-4 solo or ensemble must attend the Edgemone Level 1-4 Strings Only Festival March 27 or 28, 2020.
There will be NO level 1-4 string adjudications at the Up or Down County Festival.
There will be NO level 5, 6 or AS adjudications at the Strings Only Festival in Edgemont. No exceptions.
CONTINUING IN 2020 – All NYSSMA Registrations must be entered BY THE SCHOOL TEACHER online at Solochair.com
- Teachers register at solochair and follow instructions for their assigned festival.
- Only School Music Teachers may register students.
- Students must attend the solo festival to which his/her district is assigned.
- Exceptions are few and must be approved by the Zone 11 Representative.
Private teachers and parents:
- You can not register students for NYSSMA festivals.
- Direct all questions to your school music teacher.
- must be registered by the school music teacher who is the conductor of the school band, orchestra or choir corresponding to the group they are auditioning for.
- must be adjudicated at their district’s assigned Up-County or Down-County festival; there are No exceptions to this.
JOIN NYSSMA : NAfME and NYSSMA are our National and State Professional Music Education Organizations. By joining NYSSMA you automatically are a NAfME member. https://nafme.org/membership/
Visit www.WCSMA.org for Westchester County School Music Association events.
- UP-County-letter-19final pdf (PDF – 170 KB)
- PIANO NYSSMA letter 2019final pdf (PDF – 147 KB)
- DOWN-County-letter-2019.final pdf (PDF – 174 KB)
- ZONE 11 STRING FESTIVAL 2019final pdf (PDF – 190 KB)
NEW for 2019 - Zone 11 Strings ONLY level 1-4 Festival page.php
- 2019-Zone-11-Festivals-PUBLIC (DOCX – 15 KB)
- Which Festival Do I Attend? (PDF – 10 KB)
Division of Schools for Zone 11 page.php