ZONE 11 STRING FESTIVAL 2019final pdf UP-County-letter-19final pdf PIANO NYSSMA letter 2019final pdf DOWN-County-letter-2019.final pdf
Zone 11 Representative
Westchester County President
Janet Corvini email@example.com
Your NYSSMA membership is a dual membership. Join NYSSMA and you automatically are a NAfME member. https://nafme.org/membership/
Zone 11 NYSSMA SOLO & MAJORS 2019 FESTIVALS:
New Edition 32 NYSSMA Manual in effect with new pieces/changes as of July 1, 2018 Order Information:https://www.nyssma.org/committees/manual/
- Zone 11 Level 1-4 STRINGS ONLY Festival, Yorktown HS, March 22& 23, 2019
- Zone 11 Down-County Festival at Ardsley. April 26 & 27 , 2019
- All Zone 11 Jazz, Guitar and Harp will be adjudicated at the Down County Festival ONLY
- Zone 11 Piano Festival at Lakeland HS, May 3 & 4, 2019
- Zone 11 Up-County Festival at Hendrick Hudson HS, May 10& 11, 2019
- Majors Band Festival at Fox Lane High School, Bedford CSD, May 21, 2019
- Majors Orchestra Festival at Fox Lane High School, Bedford CSD, May 22, 2019
- Majors Choral Festival at Fox Lane Middle School, Bedford CSD, May 23, 2019
- Registration for the Majors Festival is full
***** NEW in 2019 – Level 1-4 STRINGS ONLY festival *****
All zone 11 (Westchester County) string students performing a level 1-4 solo or ensemble must attend the Yorktown Level 1-4 Strings Only Festival March 22 or 23, 2019.
There will be NO level 1-4 string adjudications at the Up or Down County Festival.
There will be NO level 5, 6 or AS adjudications at the Strings Only Festival in Yorktown. No exceptions.
All NYSSMA Registrations must be entered BY THE SCHOOL TEACHER online at Solochair.com.
- Teachers register at solochair and follow instructions for their assigned festival.
- Only School Music Teachers may register students.
- Students must attend the solo festival to which his/her district is assigned.
- Exceptions are few and must be approved by the Zone 11 Representative.
Private teachers and parents:
- You can not register students for NYSSMA festivals.
- Direct all questions to your school music teacher.
- must be registered by the school music teacher who is the conductor of the school band, orchestra or choir corresponding to the group they are auditioning for.
- must be adjudicated at their district’s assigned Up-County or Down-County festival; there are No exceptions to this.
All-State All-State Applications are found at http://nyssma.org.
An application for each all-state applicant must be filled out by the teacher who enrolled the student in the festival and sent to your festival’s host before the festival. These forms are available at nyssma.org
NEW : With the New All-State registration procedure, teachers can edit an application by doing the following:
- Log-In to All-State Application
- At the top of the page see Previous Applications.
- All completed applications will appear.
- Click EDIT on the application you wish to edit.
- Print the edited application and send to the host.
- There should be only ONE application per student for each adjudication.
Visit www.WCSMA.org for Westchester County School Music Association events.
- UP-County-letter-19final pdf (PDF – 170 KB)
- PIANO NYSSMA letter 2019final pdf (PDF – 147 KB)
- DOWN-County-letter-2019.final pdf (PDF – 174 KB)
- ZONE 11 STRING FESTIVAL 2019final pdf (PDF – 190 KB)
NEW for 2019 - Zone 11 Strings ONLY level 1-4 Festival page.php
- 2019-Zone-11-Festivals-PUBLIC (DOCX – 15 KB)
- Which Festival Do I Attend? (PDF – 10 KB)
Division of Schools for Zone 11 page.php