- First Unitarian Universalist Society of Albany
- Albany, NY
- Conforms with Unitarian Universalist Guidelines
- Non-School (church organist/choir director)
- Posted On:
- February 1, 2017
Music for Services Work with the Minister and Religious Services Committee to select a complementary musical component for Sunday and special services. Work with Director of Religious Education to plan music for special youth services such as the Christmas Pageant, Rite of Passage and Senior High services. May involve accompaniment of services on piano, organ or other applicable instrument, ie. guitar. Choir Regularly instruct, rehearse and conduct the choir. Develop the choir’s musical abilities to assure a high quality of choral sound. Recruit choir members. Guest Musicians Obtain quality outside guest musicians for Sunday services on a regular basis. Identify and recruit quality youth and adult Albany UU musicians to perform in Sunday services. Special Musical Events Work with volunteers from the Choir or other interested Albany UU musicians and congregants on musical events at Albany UU, including the annual Carol Sing and Annual Dinner Skit. Administration • Attend Religious Services Committee and staff meetings as appropriate. • Attend weekly Staff Production meeting • Ensure adequate supplies of choral music. • Effectively communicate with choir, congregation and staff about musical events and schedules.
• Must possess great musicianship and knowledge of choral music; knowledge of the UU repertoire a plus.
• Ability to instruct, support and develop choir members with varied levels of musical training.
• Communicate and work well with a diverse community of people.
• Willingness to continually grow and develop professionally.
• Organizational skills.
• Keyboard skills preferred.
How to Apply
Please send us a cover letter, a resume, three references, and URL links to any performance work you might want to share with us that is on-line (mp3/YouTube/web pages/etc) to: [email protected]