- Holy Cross Lutheran Church
- Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
- Commensurate with experience
- Non-School (church organist/choir director)
- Posted On:
- February 1, 2017
Director of Music Ministries
Denomination: Lutheran (ELCA)
Job Type: Part-Time
Vibrant and growing ministry in Lake Ronkonkoma, NY is looking for a Director of Music Ministries.
Job requirements include:
• Availability for the following: o 2 weekly services on Sundays at 9:00am and 11:00am o Services on all holy days including but not limited to Christmas Eve, Christmas
Day, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Eve o Wednesday evening 7:00pm services during Lent and Advent (8 Wednesdays
total) o Ad hoc funerals and weddings throughout the year (extra stipend) o 1 weekly adult choir rehearsal (during the week) o 1 weekly children’s choir rehearsal (on Sunday in-between services)
* Professional keyboard, organ and vocal skills
* Programming of 2 yearly Cantatas during the Lenten and Advent seasons
* Ability to sing and lead the congregation while playing
* Ability to direct the choir from the keyboard/organ while playing
* Working closely with the Pastor and Council on enhancing the music ministries
* Working closely with the Treasurer to adhere to the music ministry budget for music supplies, guest soloists, etc.
* Working closely with the media team to enhance worship
* Experience with the following are a plus: o Contemporary Christian music o Sight reading and improvisational skills Salary is commensurate with experience E-mail all cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates will be contacted for an interview and audition. Job start date is August 2017.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resumes to Kenneth Zagare, current Director of Music Ministries at email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an audition and interview.