- First United Methodist Church of Delmar, NY
- Delmar, NY
- negotiable based on experience
- Non-School (church organist/choir director)
- Posted On:
- March 1, 2017
First United Methodist Church of Delmar is seeking a Director of Music Ministries. The preferred candidate should work well with musical colleagues, coordinate music with pastors, attract and nurture choir members, and command a broad repertoire of liturgical music. We desire a music program that meets the needs of a traditional worship service while appealing to an increasingly diverse congregation. Roles include: • Collaborate with the pastors, Organist/ Accompanist and choir directors to schedule music to enhance Sunday morning worship. • Director of Adult Choir (weekly rehearsal and worship participation) • Work with music staff and volunteers to ensure music coverage for all worship services. Responsibilities • Plan music for Sunday morning worship and seasonal special services • Rehearse and conduct assigned choirs to add to the worship experience • Work directly with the organist/ accompanist and pastors in planning music for worship • Recruit volunteers and participants to the music ministry of the church • Develop choir members understanding of the spiritual meaning of music and role in worship. First United Methodist Church of Delmar is a vibrant community of believers. We offer diverse opportunities for fellowship, study and service – as well as two distinctive worship services each Sunday. We are a congregation of The United Methodist Church, a worldwide community of faith. United Methodists share basic affirmations in common with all Christian communities.
• The Director of Music Ministries should be professionally trained with in-depth knowledge of choral repertoire and have some experience developing and leading a choir. Demonstrate strong conducting skills. Piano skills are a plus.
• Be an effective leader with the ability to work with diverse personalities. Grow choirs and instrumentalists to provide music for traditional and alternative worship. Strive for excellence while understanding that the job is to lead people into worship, not perform for them.
• Proficient computer skills- Word, Excel, Outlook
• Demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills
• The successful candidate must meet the requirements of FUMC Safe Sanctuary policy.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume to David Devaprasad at [email protected] Auditions and interviews will be scheduled