Susan L. Weber, East Meadow – Chairperson
Help NYSSMA recognize:
- Outstanding School Music Programs
- Outstanding Music Educators
- Outstanding Contributors to Music Education
- Outstanding Contributors to NYSSMA
As a NYSSMA member, you can nominate a deserving colleague for his/her exceptional service to NYSSMA through the NYSSMA DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD.
We are continuing to offer the distinguished Service to Music Education Award. This award is for distinguished service to music education in a local area. This is for someone who has made an impact to a school, school district, or county organization.
NYSSMA members may also recognize individuals or businesses who have made major contributions to the cause of Music Education in New York State by making a nomination for the NYSSMA OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTOR AWARD.
In all instances, the application must be completed and submitted by a NYSSMA member along with the required supportive letters as outlined on the application(s). APPLICATION DEADLINE – MAY 15. School Districts are encouraged to apply for the PRESIDENTIAL CITATION AWARD and the NYSSMA AWARD OF EXCELLENCE.
The NYSSMA PRESIDENTIAL CITATION AWARD recognizes districts with outstanding, comprehensive and exemplary school music programs, regardless of district size.
The NYSSMA AWARD OF EXCELLENCE is awarded to school districts with an outstanding school music program, regardless of district size.
Completed application packets for the NYSSMA Presidential Citation Award or the NYSSMA Award of Excellence must be received no later than May 15.
The 2013 application forms are available on the website under documents.
Any questions please contact Susan Weber at: [email protected]
Awards are presented at the NYSSMA All-State Winter Conference
- presidential-citation-for-web (PDF – 444 KB)
- nyssma-outstanding-school-award-web (PDF – 223 KB)
- nyssma-dist-service-award-web (PDF – 67 KB)
- nyssma-outstanding-contributor-web (PDF – 64 KB)
- early-career-achievement-for-web (PDF – 82 KB)
- established-educator-for-web (PDF – 92 KB)
- 7-nyssma-r-music-education-innovation-award-application (PDF – 53 KB)